Here are a couple of fun ways to learn those all important sight words.
1. Using ‘wiki sticks’ – these coloured, malleable and slightly sticky objects can easily be bent into letter shapes and words. Then they can be reused!
The tactile properties of the sticks and the mental effort required to form the shapes may help children learn the words.
2. Coloured chalk out in the school yard.
Learning High Frequency words is a part of learning to spell. It is useful for those odd words that don’t follow the rules.
SENIA or the Special Education Network In Asia held its annual conference at UWCSEA East in Singapore.
Mr Bob was pleased to attend
- Restorative practice
- ADHD how to integrate it at school.
- Design Thinking: Nurturing diverse talents for the future
- Digital solutions
- Executive Function Learning how to learn: identifying and enabling students with executive functioning difficulties in the school environment.
- DSM5 What is it, what is new about it and what about it is relevant in international schools