I’ve now been using the MacBook Air for two months. Here is my snapshot:
- battery lasts all day long (for typical office tasks)
- battery recharges quickly
- it’s light and slim
- it boots up – and shuts down in about 10s
- it’s fast
- it’s very quiet and runs cool (most of the time)
The light, slim design – coupled with fast start up time – make it ideal for using on the go. It can easily be carried and then got out for a quick note.
- the two and three finger gestures take some time to get used to – I am still finding myself having to back up where I have made a ‘gesture’.
- browser wars – the safari browser works best on the Mac OS, but I want to use Chrome when using google docs
- the screen is a bit on the small side ( a compromise made for a smaller, lighter laptop)
- I have no idea what iPhoto is doing with my pictures
I like it. It’s fast and portable. It’s great for most office tasks, browsing etc. So far, so great!